Forsyth Residential Lettings
13 Killeen Crescent, Malahide, Co. Dublin K36 YD74
PSRA Licence No. 002955
What We Do
- Draw up a letter of engagement between Forsyth Residential Lettings and the Client.
- Inspect the property to agree Advised Letting Value.
- Photograph, advertise and market
- Find and suitable tenant, verbally approve this tenant with the owner and take up suitable references along with a security deposit – normally the equivalent of one
month’s rent in advance on behalf of the owner.
- Draw up leases to be agreed by Landlord and Tenant with Special Conditions where required.
- If /when additional advertising is required the owner is liable for the cost of such advertising. BER certs. must be provided, to the Agent, by the Landlord prior to advertising.
- The owner should provide an inventory of contents of the property along with whatever number of sets of keys the tenants require and make sure that the property is ready, and minimum standards in place, for the tenant(s) on their move in date. A list of “useful contacts” is contained on our web page www.spiderweb.ie
- We will take the ESB and Gas readings and assist with the transfer of same. However, it is the responsibility of both Landlord and Tenants to ensure that they receive the relevant bills.
- Owners must provide MPRN and GRPN for electricity and gas accounts
- Where the apartment is in an apartment block – the owner must provide Management Co. name, address and CRO number, and Agent details along with a copy of the ‘House Rules’
- Generally, the Tenant will pay the rent monthly directly to the Landlord’s account
- The Owner is responsible for ensuring Minimum Standards are adhered to and liaising with the OMC/Management Company on any issues regarding common areas and service fee.
- Tenants will be given the owner’s relevant contact details should they encounter any problems.
- Approximately one month prior to the tenant’s lease expiring tenants will be contacted to see if they wish to renew and negotiate and draw up new leases where relevant, or endeavor to find another tenant, where relevant.
- The Landlord can also opt for a full management service where we will act on behalf of the Landlord during the tenancy and deal with queries and requests of the tenant concerning the property. (This does not include managing or overseeing maintenance or refurbishment work between lets.) This mainly suits owners with many properties or those who are abroad and have no one locally to look after their property.
- Owners living abroad must provide an Irish tax collection agent.